Great project

Topics: User Forum
Mar 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Just let me understand - are you realy intend to replace AutoCad?

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Are you serious?  Lets see......

AutoCAD® 2010  Boxed Shipment  $4,445.00

AutoCAD® Electrical 2010  Boxed Shipment $5,890.00

AutoCAD® Inventor® Suite 2010 Boxed Shipment  $6,390.00

Now where is the "I live at home, have no corporation and want to play around version....  Oh wait,  That is the inventor version!"

I have always had issues with Autodesk for their prices and lack of cross platform compatibility,  you know that Autocad began as a linux based program,  My frustration with the company is that I am a college graduate,  Completed Drafting 1 and Drafting 2, I have learned valuable skills in college,  honnestly I can not afford the tools to maintain the skills I learned. If you dont use it you will loose it.  For years I have used Q-Cad in Ubuntu for drafting,  it is a 2-D program that is as good as a sheet of paper and pencil.  No 3-D.  

I would welcome ANY other competition to Autocad,  As I will never buy Autocad in my life as is the same for the majority of college graduates,  there really is a huge void left in the market in this area as Autocad is a good program,  but too expensive for anyone who is middle or lower class in the United States.   Drafting and general creative thought, Inventors and engineers, and people who like to tinker should not be left with Autocad's two choices, "6,400 dollars, or nothing".     

WE ALL WANT ALTERNATIVES!